After someone has passed away and the executor is collecting the assets, things might get complicated.
Some of the most common complaints we hear about are:
- Why is this taking so long?
- The executor is withholding information from me.
- They won’t give me a copy of the will or the trust.
- I think they are wasting money.
- They didn’t give me anything from the house.
- I’m suspicious that the will was changed on the deathbed.
If you are feeling or thinking any of these thoughts, and you are a person interested in the estate, you have good options to get your questions answered. That may require bringing the authority of the court into the administration of your loved ones affairs, as a means of getting ultimate accountability and oversight on the process.
If something has been handled incorrectly, the court will provide your remedy.
These types of investigations can be costly. The fees and costs are normally paid for by the estate, but Keystone Law Firm does not handle these types of matters. We have colleagues who are very skilled in this area that we can refer you to. If you would like a referral, please call our office and we will be happy to provide you with the referral at no charge.